Here is International Higher Education Scholarship Program, Taiwan 2023 for those aspiring for bachelors, masters and PhD degrees.
About the Scholarship Program
This is indeed another scholarship program by Taiwan government as they always do.
And, this scholarship program is strictly for all the international students from various countries.
The Taiwan ICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
And, Basically for students in the higher education program, who are willing to take a bold step in achieving their dreams.
Brief Description of International Higher Education Scholarship
The scholarship offer is for those aspiring for bachelors, masters and PhD degrees.
Thus, it is being sponsored by ICDF/Taiwan Government; the deadline for this scholarship offer is March 15th, 2022 annually.
The awardees are to study in Taiwan under the Taiwan government watch.
And you are to note that the course for the scholarship starts September 2022, no specific date announced yet.
Also, Taiwan ICDF’s International Higher Education Scholarship Program aims to assist partner developing countries to achieve sustainable development through education.
Generally, The Taiwan ICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
Level/Field of Study for the Scholarship Program
Those eligible for the scholarship based on level and field of study are as follow:
Hence, Undergraduate, Graduate, and Ph.D. programs related to Science and Technology, Engineering, Public Health and Medicine, Sustainable Agriculture Development, Humanities and Social Sciences, Private Sector Development.
The Targeted groups for the scholarship offer program are Nationals of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for Taiwan ICDF Scholarship
Benefits of the Scholarship Program
- Airfare: The Taiwan ICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
- Tuition fees: The Taiwan ICDF covers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
- Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The Taiwan ICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
- Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the Taiwan ICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
- Allowance: (1) Undergraduate Program: Each student receives NT$12,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
(2) Master’s Program: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
(3) Ph.D. Program: Each student receives NT$17,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis. A student’s host institute may offer to continue paying this monthly allowance for courses exceeding four years; the duration and amount will be determined by the host institute.
Eligibility for International Higher Education Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a Taiwan ICDF scholarship must meet both the general eligibility criteria.
- Must also be a national of a country on the list of Countries Eligible for Taiwan ICDF scholarship.
- Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC (Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
- Applicants must satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a Taiwan ICDF scholarship.
- All Undergraduate Programs only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC (Taiwan).
Method or Processes of Application
- Applicants must complete their application through the online application system.
- And then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office stationed in your country.
Note: The annual application period runs, in principle, from 1 January to 15 March (for 2022 Scholarship programs, the application period runs from 1 January – 15 March 2022).
Hence, Please visit the scholarship official website below to access the online application form.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.icdf.org.tw/ct.asp?xItem=12505&CtNode=30316&mp=2
Be sure to have all the necessary documents at hand before applying to avoid disqualification in the end.
So, For all those who are among the country nationals listed, you are expected to apply if you want.
Finally, Also make sure to meet all the application criteria before applying.