NNPC/Shell Petroleum Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2023
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) in partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is offering scholarships to Nigerian students who have been admitted to full-time undergraduate programs in the 2021/2022 academic year.
The scholarships are designed to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians.
To be eligible, students must be Nigerian citizens, be in good academic standing and have been admitted to an accredited university in Nigeria.
The scholarships will cover tuition, fees and a monthly stipend.
Study Program: – Undergraduate
Scholarship Host: Shell Petroleum Development Company
Benefits: N200,000 Naira Annually
Deadline: August 23, 2023
The scholarship is divided into two categories: the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (AO).
- The NM is open to all Nigerians.
- The AO is open to Nigerians who are from the SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States.
In other words the NM is a national scholarship while the AO is a regional scholarship. Both scholarships are merit-based meaning that they are awarded based on academic performance.
The scholarship will be awarded for the duration of the program provided that certain conditions are met. Winners will receive a monthly stipend of 200,000 Naira.
To apply candidates must submit the following documents.
- A passport photograph with a white background, not more than 3 months old, and 450px by 450px in size.
- A school ID card.
- A university or JAMB (UTME or D/E) admission letter.
- A JAMB result.
- A letter of identification from the state (showing local government of origin).
To qualify for the scholarship you must fulfil the following requirements.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Enrollment: You must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited university in Nigeria.
- Year of study: You must be in your second year of study (or have proof of admission into an undergraduate program in the 2021/2022 academic session).
- Scholarship status: You must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the oil and gas industry, national or international.
How to APPLY
- Interested and qualified applicants can apply for the scholarship through the Shell Nigeria website.
- The application is free of charge and there are no representatives or agents who can help you with the application process.
- The application period is from July 26, 2023 to August 23, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a proctored computer-based test.
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted.
- The scholarship is not available through any other website or platform.
- You should not pay any money to anyone who claims to be able to help you with your application.
- You will only be contacted by Shell Nigeria if you are shortlisted for the next stage of the application process.
August 23, 2023