2023 U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program for Nigerian Students
Are you passionate about making a difference in Nigeria’s water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector and Climate resilience? Do you want to gain valuable training, experience, and support to contribute to positive change in the lives of others? If so, the U-Save Fellowship program is perfect for you!
The U-Save Fellowship Program aims to build a new order by developing young leaders aligned with our foundation’s vision. Our program focuses on enhancing WASH and Climate Change capacity through medium- and long-term training opportunities. By identifying specific areas of need within the WASH sector, we provide comprehensive and tailored training to tackle the challenges head
About U-Save Foundation
The U-save Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria. Established in May 2020, U-Save works to provide access to safe drinking water, proper sanitation facilities and improve hygiene practices in Nigeria through, consultations, direct project execution, awareness campaigns, advocacy, capacity building and research. We aim to build, nurture and establish the spirit of volunteerism among youths targeted at improving WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) practices in Nigeria
- Comprehensive Training: Our fellowship program offers in-depth hybrid training for 6 months to equip fellows with the necessary skills and knowledge to combat public health threats in WASH and Climate Change.
- Long-term Engagement: Sustainable change requires a long-term commitment. Fellows will have the opportunity to engage in extended training programs to enhance their expertise and drive meaningful impact.
- Targeted Areas of Need: Our program identifies key areas within the WASH and Climate Change sector that require immediate attention. Fellows will receive specialized training to address these critical issues and make a lasting difference.
- Networking and Collaboration: Fellows will become part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals, facilitating networking and collaboration opportunities with professionals, experts, and organizations working in the field.
To apply for the U-Save Fellowship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Residency: Applicants must be residents of Abuja for the 2023 cohort.
- Education: Applicants should have a graduate degree (HND/BSc) in any field.
- Volunteering Experience: Applicants should have 1-2 years of volunteering experience for social projects.
- Commitment to Public or Community Service: Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Availability: Applicants should be available to participate fully in the program for six months.
- Potential to Implement Programs: Applicants should show the potential to implement WASH and Climate Change programs that can impact their communities upon completion.
The U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program will span six (6) months, providing fellows with comprehensive training and support. The exact duration will depend on the specific training track and identified needs within the WASH sector. Fellows will engage in a combination of theoretical learning, practical fieldwork, and mentorship to maximize their learning experience.
Method of Application
For more information, visit U-Save Foundation website
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023